Saturday, March 22, 2008

ICFF- The International Contemporary Furniture Fair

I am very excited to attend this year's ICFF show in NYC. It is happening May 17-20, 2008. When I talk about the ICFF people look at me kinda funny because they think it is about furniture. That is when I realize they have no idea about ICFF. ICFF is huge and getting more huge. If you want to know what is going on in the world of Design, this is your place. This year they have special events one of which is Sustainable Design for Mass Production. Another is a new event Material Matters in conjunction with Material Connexion. ICFF Studio show cases emerging talents in an effort to hook prototypyes up with manufacturers. I have been emailing with Alyce Santoro (see previous post on Sonic Fabric): Designtex featured her work last year at ICFF she said she had a great time talking with people about her sonic fabric.

Check it out.

No comments: